19 October 2011

Video: Heston Blumenthal's boerewors burger recipe

The following recipe will sound like blasphemy to some readers, but to me it sounds simply delicious. A boerewors burger is the perfect combination of two of my favourite braai dishes, cheeseburger and boerewors. Ok, steaks and chops are also my favourites, and a boerie roll is also somewhere on top of my list, but a boerie burger... well it simply sounds really delicious to me! Kudos to Heston Blumenthal for the idea!



Ingredients (for 6 burger patties):
  • 20g breadcrumbs
  • 10g coriander seeds
  • 500g minced beef
  • 500g minced pork
  • 1/4 tsp ground gloves
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 10g salt
  • 11/2 tsp ground black pepper
Everyone likes his/her burgers differently. I'd have my boerie burger with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, chilies and tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment