South Africa is deploying more than 200 extra immigration officers to deal with the expected high traveller volumes over the Easter weekend. Beginning from today Sunday 01 April 2012, the officers will be deployed to the Free State, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu Natal and Limpopo.
High frequented land borders will also stay open longer.
- Lebombo for 24 hours from 2 April – 2 May (Mozambique)
- Oshoek for 24 hours from 5-6 April (Swaziland)
- Mananga from 07h00-00h00 from 5-9 April (Swaziland)
- Mahamba from 07h00-22h00 from 5-9 April (Swaziland)
- Jeppes Reef from 07h00-22h00 from 5-9 April (Swaziland)
- Groblersbrug for 24 hours from 5-8 April 2012 (Botswana)
- Van Rooyenshek/Van Rooyens Gate for 24 hours on 5 April 2012 (Lesotho)
- Qasha's Neck from 06h00-22h00 on 4 April and for 24 hours on 5 April 2012 (Lesotho)